Continuation of this post:
- Social media is nice. Being caught up in other peoples’ lives is not. You don’t need to know what everyone else is doing at all hours of the day. You don’t need to know if some people didn’t invite you to go and hang out with them. You don’t need to see the glitz and glam of their social media profile and feel inadequate because of it. Social media is good, but if it becomes draining, and you feel chained to it, it’s time to let it go. Trust me, you’ll feel wonderful.
- It’s okay to cry.
- If you feel sad, let the people you love know that you love them. You’ll be surprised by how much love you get in response. It will remind you of a time before your sadness. However, don’t look for anything in return, or any recognition. If you only commit acts of kindness for the sake of being labelled as “kind”, then you are not serving your heart in any way. Detach yourself from the validation of others; do kind things for the sake of humanity.
- Talk to your teachers. Be their friends. They have incredible stories and insight ready to share with you if their game. A lot of times, they do want a relationship with their students, you just have to be willing to open up to them. They are awesome. And the special ones are amazingly willing to be there for you through thick and thin.
- Wake up early. You’ll want to stay up late, but trust me when I say that being up early and having a long day rather than a long night is 100% more productive and rewarding.
- Also, watch science videos. Look at the CNN story on Snapchat. Stay informed on the campaigning shenanigans going on! Form an educated opinion on hot button issues. Seek knowledge. Contribute to society in some way. Or at least participate in some way. It’s awesome.
Love you. ❤