Hello, lovely friend of mine!
It has been quite a while since I have written, and I have so much to tell you all. Here is a messy compilation of things from the last month I have lived–
- I am still submitting college applications! It’s a nightmare! But hey, one more month and I’ll be home free!
- Spotify has become my best friend lately, and I guess you could listen to what I am listening to here, but actually you should follow my brother on Spotify because he has the best playlists and the best taste in music ever, 10/10
- I want to apologize in advance for not having anything of substance to say in this post. The closest you’ll get to that is #5. With life moving so fast, I have had a drought of creative/reflective thought and journal entries, and every time I try to sit down and write, I feel guilty for not doing homework or submitting an application. It hurts, but I’ll be myself once again soon.
- I have gotten so many beautifully kind messages from readers, and very dear friends regarding my writing, and I am endlessly grateful for all of them. Thank you, I am so thankful for your love. I’m still just an email or a tweet away! :~)
- Lately, school has been a lot. Very overwhelming. However, I have noticed that I don’t feel stressed at all. Well, of course, I feel stressed, but I don’t feel like throwing up, which is amazing. And while I would love to credit this newfound mental and emotional stamina to my own nerves of steel and diligence, I cannot. So I am going to tell you about it, right here right now, BuzzFeed listicle style (minus the gifs and cringing):
5 things that got me off of my bedroom floor listening to Billy Boyd’s The Last Goodbye (from the Hobbit Soundtrack) and straight into the world of obligations/responsibilities without feeling like I’m going to explode
(!!!! new page under the “Advice” tab !!!!)
- If you check out the Stanford Summer College website, a bunch of my friends and I are pictured! It’s so exciting. Best of luck to all the applicants this year. Also, if you’re thinking about applying, please do it. You will not regret it.
- I also went to the East Coast with my family this Thanksgiving. We toured colleges, and I got to meet up with my friends for my dear friend, Richard’s birthday. PSA: If you have the opportunity to, please TOUR COLLEGES! You will fall in love! You will be motivated to write your essays in the context of your school! Seriously! Once I’m done applying I’m making a college application post, which will basically just reiterate everything you’ve ever heard from everyone else ever, so stay tuned for that.
- And that’s about it. I encourage you to take a big deep breath at least one an hour (when you’re awake), to remind yourself that you are alive, and that’s amazing. I will be writing a lot more soon, once Finals are over, and I’ve come back to Earth once again. 🙂
- Now, some pics from Thanksgiving (My brother is my favorite, as you can tell) —